Masters courses in insurance

You have training Tray 3 (license or Bachelor), in particular in the field of financeof the bank and insurance and want to move into the insurance sector? Pursuing your studies in the third cycle of specialization is the key to become a high-level manager in a highly evolving sector, rich in strategic challenges and extremely buoyant.

Selective courses, of very diverse natures

Masters, MS, MSc, MBA or professional titles at bac+5 or 6: all complementary training to a first technical course (commercial, legal, economic, medical, scientific, etc.) at least bac+3 level. Courses offered by both major specialized schools and universities.

Master’s courses in insurance prepare students for all professions in the sector, whether in the design, management, underwriting or marketing. There are two master’s mentions: insurance law and MBFA (currency – banking – finance – insurance), each of which can offer different types of routes. In one or two years, these professional courses, often very selective, make it possible to obtain a bac +5 level diploma and a level 7 RNCP title. They train future managers and administrators of insurance companies, which are often large groups with an international dimension (AXA, CNP Assurances, Covéa – MAAF, MMA, GMF – BNP Paribas Cardif, etc.).

Also to be read

Why do a Master in Insurance?

Initial classic or work-study training

These courses are accessible within the framework of a initial training. Students will tackle subjects as diverse as regulations, insurance techniques and products, financial auditing, damage insurance and civil liability, personal insurance and financial investments, economic conditions and economic policy, financial diagnosis or sales techniques. They will also follow several weeks of on-the-job training. It should be noted that most of these courses are also accessible on a work-study basis, via the professionalization or apprenticeship contract.

THE orientation fair not to be missed

We give you an appointment on the Studyrama virtual fair for Insurance Training and Professions to find the training of your dreams!
You will meet experts, professionals and young graduates to discuss your future career. It is also a unique opportunity to discover the many professions that exist (actuary, broker, insurance advisor, risk-manager, etc.) and to ask your questions during e-conferences.

Do a Masters in Insurance at the University

Universities have opened many masters offering a specialization in insurance, for two years of study. The IAE (Institutes of Business Administration), a kind of university management school, are often at the forefront of this training offer. Let us mention the MBFA masters from the IAE of Amiens, Marne-la-Vallée or Nantes or the Master in Banking and Insurance Specialized Advisor from the IAE of Pau.

You can also go through a LMD course (bachelor-master-doctorate) classic. The University of Poitiers thus offers a Master in Insurance Law, for students intending to pursue a career as a lawyer in the sector. On the menu: knowledge of the insurance environment, mastery of the law applicable to the activity, management of claims and litigation cases… Same thing at the University of La Rochelle. Other universities, such as Toulouse Capitole, offer an MBFA master’s degree.

Do a Master in Insurance in a specialized school

French business schools are not really present, in a specific way, on the postgraduate market in insurance (even if studies in the field constitute excellent bases for this activity). To access management positions in the sector, the royal road lies in the courses offered by specialized schools. Courses combining high-level theoretical teaching and practicing professional speakers, familiar with the latest market trends. These courses are, moreover, all accessible on a work-study basis. In Paris, theIFPASS (Insurance Profession Training Institute) offers two Master MBFA courses: Risk and Innovation Management in Insurance and Customer Advisor for Professionals. You can also train for cutting-edge insurance jobs via the MBFA masters from the CFPB (Banking School).

Masters more focused on insurance management

Some colleges specializing in insurance offer 3rd cycles in insurance management. This is the case, for example, of the ESA (Ecole Supérieure d’Assurances), which, in partnership with the Vidal school, has set up a Master’s degree in insurance management in Toulouse. A course in two years, articulated around the notion of project and which ends with the defense of a professional thesis. Same course title for NoSchoolhigher school of real estate, banking, insurance and human resources in Mérignac.

IFPASS (Insurance Profession Training Institute) offers a master in insurance management as well as a sector Development and Underwriting Manager (level 7 RNCP “Entrepreneur Manager” title issued by ESAM, a management school). As for the master’s degree in Insurance ManagementENASS (National School of Insurance), a brand of the CNAM, it recruits students under 30 years old holding a bac+3 or in the process of obtaining it.
ESA also offers a Distance Learning MBA in Risk Managementvocational training at bac +6 level aimed at participants in activity, wishing to improve their skills in their professional career.

Are you cut out for banking jobs? Take the test to find out!

Photo credits: Feodora Chiosea – iStock

Leave a Comment