GAT ASSURANCES is organizing, in partnership with the Tunisian Cycling Federation, GATBIKE CHALLENGE which will take place on Sunday May 15, 2022 at the emblematic amphitheater of Oudhna.
GAT ASSURANCES wanted to organize an event for all bicycle enthusiasts which will also promote the use of bicycles in the daily lives of Tunisians. Indeed, this practice has known for a few years a consequent influx in view of its positive impact on the economy, the environment and on health.
Three different routes will be offered so that everyone can enjoy this event over the distance that suits them:
- A 65 km long route,
- An average route of 45 km,
- A short course of 25 km.
In parallel with the official circuits, the children will have the opportunity to discover the “bike-school”; a cycle learning circuit for children aged between 05 and 11 years old.
GATBIKE CHALLENGE, a multidimensional event
- Sport dimension: because it allows amateur cyclists to take the same routes and experience the same conditions as professional cyclists.
- Cultural dimension: because it highlights our national heritage through the emblematic amphitheater of Oudhna considered as one of the most important sites of our cultural heritage but also to appreciate at the same time the beauty of the landscapes of the city of Mornag.
- Social dimension : because all participation fees will be donated to the Tunisian Association of Bone Marrow Transplanters (atGmo) and a local market is planned in which women from the Borj Essougui region have the opportunity to sell their handicrafts.
- Ecological dimension : because cycling is an ecological means of transport but also because a recycling company will be present on the day of the event to collect empty water bottles and take them directly to be recycled.
Activities are planned throughout the day, including a pre-race muscle awakening to properly warm up the body, a guided tour of the amphitheater and the capitol of Oudhna, a local market bringing together Tunisian riches, entertainment music and many other surprises will be waiting for you.
For registration details: WWW.GATBIKE.TN
Posted on 05/13/22 08:06